Escaping a Rut

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Seras
Hokage

Number of posts : 181
Registration date : 2008-06-03

PostSubject: Escaping a Rut   Tue Jun 17, 2008 12:55 am

Yo, I dunno if I've asked this question before (if I have, I am sorry, but I guess I need to remember more, cause I'm stuck again. ^^; ) , but how do you guys get out of a cosplay rut, or have you guys ever been in one? Embarassed

I seem to be lost lately, I can't seem to keep my brain going in one direction cosplay-wise. I'm working on props and wigs, ideas and theories, picking apart dozens of costumes in a day, but at the end of the day, I don't even know where to begin....

Unfortunately I am starting to run out of time before the next con....only one and a half months left, which should be fine since I figure I only need a couple days of actual work and this costume should be in the bag, but I hate leaving things to the last second.... Plus, I also need to get my brain on track and order the contact lenses and wigs...those take time....

I know that I need to work on them or they won't be done to my own specifications and standards, but I can't seem to figure out where to start.....

Any ideas? confused
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Akimichi Chouji
Hokage

Number of posts : 127
Registration date : 2008-05-31

PostSubject: Re: Escaping a Rut   Tue Jun 17, 2008 2:03 am

I was feeling the same thing before Otafest. Honestly the thing that got me going was the time crunch. It wasn't until I was like "Holy crap, I have less than a week to pull shit together" that I really buckled down and took care of it.

Not a method that I recommend though XD It worked for me though. I can't really afford to do the same with animethon however so I have to get to work too. I have approximately 1.5/6 costumes done.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://naruberta.com
Seras
Hokage

Number of posts : 181
Registration date : 2008-06-03

PostSubject: Re: Escaping a Rut   Tue Jun 17, 2008 9:33 am

Akimichi Chouji wrote:
I was feeling the same thing before Otafest. Honestly the thing that got me going was the time crunch. It wasn't until I was like "Holy crap, I have less than a week to pull shit together" that I really buckled down and took care of it.

Not a method that I recommend though XD It worked for me though. I can't really afford to do the same with animethon however so I have to get to work too. I have approximately 1.5/6 costumes done.

I know what you mean, nothing's a meaner motivator than an upcoming deadline. O.O

I'm figuring as soon as it gets to July, I'll be bashing my brain against the wall and using all of my spare time and stress to get it all done. affraid It's usually what I end up doing. It's worked okay in the past, but then I risk a spontaneous cosplay explosion, which is what usually happens. T.T

It doesn't help that I'm so messy and my boyfriend is not. Embarassed Everytime when I start working on things, he tidies everything and then I can't find it again. Evil or Very Mad It makes everything so frustrating..... I've started drafting and cutting out the pattern of this costume like, five times. o_O It's terrible cause the pieces go missing and I have to start again. Crying or Very sad
Because this costume has so many small pieces and so many complexities, I sorta feel like I need to have them all laid out in front of me so I can figure out what to do next....

Maybe that's what I'll do! That's it!

On my next day off, I need to take all of the pieces and just lay them all out. It'll help me figure out what to do next! cheers
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Escaping a Rut   

Back to top Go down

Escaping a Rut
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1